Welcome to 5M!
We love to read in class 5M, but it is important that we read at home too! Children should complete 10-20 minutes of reading per night. The name of the book should be recorded in their reading log, along with page numbers, a comment about how they read, and a signature. This will be checked each day in class. Raffle tickets will be rewarded daily to those who read!
You should complete one attempt of your spellings each night, which will be checked every morning by Mrs Garbett. Your logs should be signed! House points are awarded to those who regularly complete spellings!
Monday night - Attempt 1
Tuesday night- Attempt 2
Wednesday night - Attempt 3
Friday - Spelling test
Group 1: deceive, conceive, receive, perceive, ceiling
Group 2: musician, electrician, magician, politician, mathematician
As well as completing reading and spellings at home, homework will be given every week on a Monday. You should bring it on or before Thursday every week!
In History we will be studying Anglo Saxons.
Your challenge for this half term is to research and present information about them.
- Write a report on an aspect of Anglo Saxon life that interests you (e.g. games, carpentry, farming, transport).
- Write a food diary for one day as if you were member of an Anglo Saxon household.
- Write a report on an Anglo Saxon feast or festival. Does it still exist in any form today?
- Make your own Anglo Saxon board game – with rules. Beat a parent!
- Design an advert for an apprentice in a specialised job (e.g. blacksmith, weaver, reeve).
- Create a work sheet of maths word problems for Anglo Saxon children.
- Write a description about walking to the great hall of an important Anglo Saxon leader for your first day at work. (Think about the early morning sounds and smells of the village as well as your emotions as you approach the huge building and your new job.)